Sunn Hemp is a fast-growing warm-season legume.
- Great source of forage for whitetails and is also used as a cover crop.
- Produces significant amount of biomass and fixes nitrogen.
- Makes a great "Green Manure" by improving soil properties and reducing soil erosion.
- Sunn Hemp grows best in sandy or loamy well-drained soils. It is not tolerant of standing water or heavy clay soils
- Grows best in open sunny areas.
- Planting Rate: 25 lbs/ acre
- Seeding Depth: 1/4 to ½ inch
- Plant in the Spring when soil temperature is at least 68 degrees and no chance of a killing frost.
- Because Sunn Hemp is a legume Nitrogen(N) is not requited. Adding phosphorus and potash based on soil test results will help improve growth.