Autumn Quick Plot is a fast growing blend for Late Summer or Early Fall
Autumn Quick Plot is a fast growing blend of annuals and biennials formulated to be planted fom late Summer to early Fall. Planting Fall food plots provides a fresh green option for your deer when most natural and agricultural sources are maturing and drying up. The fresh green growth of AQP will help draw deer into huntable locations while providing a good high-energy food source prior to winter. The winter peas, winter wheat, and forage brassicas in AQP will stay green long after a hard frost, providing a great draw late into the season.
Best planted mid to late August in areas that receive at least 4 hours of sunlight per day.
Seeding rate is 25 lb/acre.
25lb Bag Contains: Austrian Winter Peas, Winter Wheat, Winter Rye, Forage Radish, Forage Turnip, Forage Rape, and Common Vetch
Autumn Quick Plot Planting Tips
- Autumn Quick Plot is best planted from about mid-August to mid-September depending on your location. *Works well for early season archery so you should allow 3-4 weeks of growth before hunting.
- AQP prefers a heavier loam or light clay soil, but does well in most any soil with proper moisture.
- Condition the soil with a plow, disc, tiller or similar equipment to prepare a good seed bed about one month before you plan to plant. Allow field to green back up and then spray with RoundUp about two weeks before planting.
- When ready to plant, lightly disc or work the seed bed with a drag or chain link fence to loosen up the surface.
- Soil should be fertile with a pH of 6.0 to 7.5. If you are not sure of your soils fertility or pH, have your soil tested. Your local farm co-op or fertilizer dealer can usually help with this. *A good fertilizer recommendation is 200 lbs/acre of 19-19-19.
- Broadcast seed at 35-40lbs/acre. 30lbs/acre drilled.
- Drag the seed bed and cover the seed with 1⁄4 – 1⁄2 inch of top soil.
- Important Use a cultipacker, roller, or your ATV tires to pack the field to insure good seed/soil contact.
- Wait for rain! As with all plantings, the sooner it rains the better so watch your weather forecast and try to plant before a reasonable chance of rain.
- DOWNLOADABLE VERSION
- As with all food plots it is always easiest and cheapest to start with a weed free seed bed using glyphosate (Roundup). Begin soil preparation in mid-summer. Spray emerging vegetation 2 weeks before planting your AQP.
- Due to the late summer planting time of Autumn Quick Plot, weed control is easier than many blends and weed competition should not be much of an issue.
- Because of the difference in seed size care should be taken when setting your seeder so you don’t make the opening too large and run out your seed too fast.
- You will get some re-growth in early Spring to benefit your deer herd. It will tend to mature quickly though and can either be mowed down or plowed under for “green fertilizer” to help build up your soil.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
green on green
Food plots for deer aqp
This fast germinating, inexpensive mix of biennials is designe...
Autumn Quick Plot
Learn about Frigid Forage's Autumn Quick Plot and why it's so ...
Planting Pure Trophy Clover and using Autumn Quick Plot as a cover crop
Fall is almost always the best time to plant clover but you sh...